Some people are under the misconception that being fashionable has to be something that breaks the bank. What if someone told you that it’s possible to be fashionable with most of what you have in your wardrobe already? Often, all you need to do is have basics or essentials that give you the opportunity to mix and match. In addition to this, knowing how to take a simple look and add details that make it more outstanding helps too. You’re going to find out how you can be fashionable but yet do so within your set budget, so keep reading below.
Assess What You Have
Some people are addicted to buying new things as they feel that’s the only way to be fashionable. Before you have the next urge to go shopping, take out everything in your wardrobe, so you know exactly what you’re working with. A few steps you can take when your cleaning everything out include:
- Take Inventory: As briefly mentioned above, the first thing you should do is take inventory when cleaning out your closet. This is so important as it will help you see exactly what clothing items you have, and you could even find you have unworn items or duplicates of things. It’s also important to take notes, so you know what you need to buy more of.
- Create Piles: When you’re reviewing your wardrobe, create piles which consist of items that will stay and ones that will go. Be honest about things you haven’t worn in months or years and get rid of them, so they aren’t taking up space. You may decide to give them to charity or someone else who would appreciate them. If you want to truly declutter your wardrobe, stick to items that only bring you joy and forget the rest.
- Make a note of Signature Items: There are certain items you can wear that will take simple, old or boring looks and make them more interesting. This could be a pair of earrings, a hat, jacket or even a simple scarf. Make a note of such items and decide what you need more of to ensure you can wear one item in ten different ways.
Invest in Quality Items
If you want to be fashionable and not overspend, one tip would be to invest in quality items. Instead of repeatedly buying lower quality things that rip, break and fall apart quickly because they’re on sale or cheaper than you imagine they would be, use your money to buy items that last. Here are a few examples of quality items to invest in.
- Wristwatch: A good wristwatch is something that every fashionable person should invest in. This is because it’s a versatile accessory that can be worn with just about anything. It also makes a difference in the way that it can take a simple look and add a detail that makes it look more elegant. There are plenty of options when watch buying online from a Rolex to an Omega, which can make you look sophisticated as well as stylish.
- Jeans: There is almost no better quality investment you can make when it comes to your wardrobe than spending on good denim. Jeans are something you can wear year-round as well as in and out of season, so you want ones that will last. To buy good quality jeans, look out for heavier fabric, durable stitching, and design factors that indicate they’re made to last.
- Shoes: Seeing as shoes are something that you could wear repeatedly, you want to know that you have ones that will stand the test of time. As with anything else, cheap ones only mean more frequent visits to the store and far more waste. If you want shoes that will last a lifetime, be sure that they’re well-crafted and made of durable materials.